Are you required to notify your former souse of where you work?

UPDATED: Aug 7, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 7, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Are you required to notify your former souse of where you work?

We don’t have a signed decree and I am still providing health care. My spouse refuses to tell me where she is working.

Asked on August 7, 2012 under Family Law, Texas


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If you are providing health insurance to your spouse and the insurannce company requires information on her including her place of work and emergency contact information, then the best thing to do is to have the insurance company call her to get that information and then you can get a full copy of the information.  If that does not work, go back to court and ask that the decree be amended so that you no longer provide insurance since she refuses to provide her work information to you. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption