Am I entitled to any financial compensation for a cosmetic surgery problem my surgeon could not or did not fix?

UPDATED: Jul 16, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 16, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Am I entitled to any financial compensation for a cosmetic surgery problem my surgeon could not or did not fix?

I had a rhinoplasty 10 years ago and correction surgery a year later. However, 9 months later still a foul oder, red, and swollen. I had the stiches removed. I then moved from the state. I still hd problems, so I sought help. I was put on antibiotics and had 2 more trips back to original surgeon. Finally, 5 years ago I had the implant removed and a stitch removed a year later. I continued to have problems. I did not have insurance and could not afford another trip. Then 5 months ago, a pus pocket formed on the on end of my nose. I had to have surgery with a local doctor, who found an abcess and removed 5 more stitches. My nose is still red. His words, “Patient still has a poly beak deformity, poor tip support, thickened columela”.

Asked on July 16, 2012 under Malpractice Law, Colorado


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

It is almost certainly too late to take legal action. In your state, the statute of limitations, or time period to sue, for medical malpractice is only two years from when the injury was or should have been discovered, but no more than three years in any event. If the surgery was done 10 years ago, you may no longer sue over it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption