What to do if my wife and I were rear-ended at a highway intersection by a full size truck pulling a box trailer and we suffered injuries?

We hurt our necks bad and backs. The person who hit us is an extremely wealthy farmer who owns fruit processing plants and the list goes on. His insurance adjuster offered us a couple thousand dollars. What should a good amount be or do I need a lawyer?

Asked on October 13, 2013 under Personal Injury, Washington


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You need to get a personal injury lawyer.  You also need to get treated for your injuries and you need to have a handle on how much the medical expenses are going to be.  Many chiropractors will take personal injury patients on a lien basis.  Unless you have an attorney, you will never get what you deserve from the insurance adjustor.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.