Who is responsible for an accident on a residential property?

My home is listed for sale, a potential buyer slipped in a hole in a shared
driveway and twisted her ankle. she went to the ER and allegedly needs surgery.
Am i liable for this?

Asked on May 18, 2017 under Personal Injury, Indiana


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

As the owner of the property, you are liable for the injury to the party who slipped and fell.
It would be advisable to contact your homeowner's insurance company regarding this matter.
Liability will include the medical bills, pain and suffering (an amount in addition to the medical bills) and wage loss.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.