what happens if criminal Mischief charges are filed on you but has:(false info,wrong adresses, wrong total of cars and more errors)

I have charges pending on my cousins for criminal mischief (3) the only property damaged was only a front windshied and rear on a honda. But the victims of the damage honda had slashed my grandma and brothers tires of their cars but no charges filed.But the police report says that my cousins had slashed the tires and took bats and tire tools to 2 vehicles, then the addresses are incorect on the report and the total # of carsthere bond is at $20,000 but the damages are nowhere near thatCould the case be dropped?Because the police report.could Clerk’s Role fall in to play??

Asked on June 9, 2009 under Criminal Law, Texas


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

So a police report according to you is wrong? Did the officer have witnesses? Seems like no one can truly answer your question except your cousins' lawyers.  Basically, you need to have them speak to their public defender or private criminal defense attorney to discuss what evidence there is to refute a police report, etc.

Then a discussion is going to be had regarding the admissibility of the report itself or the contents therein as an exception to hearsay rule.

To consult with a PRIVATE criminal defense attorney, try www.attorneypages.com and check his or her record at the Texas State Bar.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.