What happens after the end date of my deferred adjudication?

I just finished my deferred adjudication. My end date on my offender card says the 15th of this month. My probation officer says I would get a letter in the mail releasing me; I have not. I looked on the county district clerk’s website and it still shows status as pending completion of probation. Why have I not been officially released? Am I still technically on probation? I have travel plans and non-refundable airline tickets for vacation on the 1st of next month, that’s 16days after my term ended. Can I still go? How long will it take to receive this dismissal form?

Asked on July 29, 2012 under Criminal Law, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Custom and practice in the judicial system is to have an actual hearing date in a court room where the court releases you per an order as to your deferred adjusication assuming you were successful as to it.

Most likely you will be getting notice of such in the mail. If you have not, I suggest that you go down to the county clerk's office at the court house and ask the court clerk as to what the status is of your criminal matter.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.