What documents/forms do I need to fill out for starting a grocery delivery business at my college?

My partner and I are starting a grocery delivery service for our college. I’ve looked it up and I don’t think we need to incorporate because it would be a general partnership. I was wondering what other documents would I need to fill out to make our company legal?

Asked on July 21, 2010 under Business Law, Indiana


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

There are several requirements in starting and operating a business.  Indiana has a guide for small businesses.  I will provide a link for you to review at the end of this answer.  But I would really suggest that you have a partnership agreement between you at the onset.  And you should seek legal help with preparing one. A partnership agreement will make sure that you and your partner take care and agree on all the little things that can get in the way of operating a business and that you both know what your rights and responsibilities are at the onset.  It will also help to guide you should you decide to dissolve your partnership and save on the fighting later on.  Consider it. Good luck.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.