If my UI claim was denied due to my employer stating that I quit but I have an email form the president of the company that states I was terminated, what legal recourse is available?

Asked on July 16, 2015 under Employment Labor Law, Florida


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You can appeal the denial of unemployment compensation.  When you file your appeal, attach a copy of the e-mail from the company president that states that you were terminated.  Also, state the reason for your appeal (that you were terminated and did not resign) on the appellate forms.

You can obtain the forms for filing your appeal from your state's agency that handles unemployment compensation benefits.  It will also provide information on the procedure for filing an appeal.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.