If the divorce decree says niether party can move over 60 miles away, how is that enforced and can the parent with custody just move out side that range?

Asked on December 2, 2011 under Family Law, Oregon


Hong Shen / Roberts Law Group

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You need either consent from the other spouse or a court order to be able to do move out. To enforce the order, the other party has to file a motion to the court for contempt.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.