What to do to re-instate my license if 4 years ago I was ticketed for a DUI?

I was 17 ay the time. On the ticket it was stated as an infraction not a misdemeanor nor a felony. My license was suspended by the DMV for a one year period. I showed up to court on the date that was on my ticket, but when I got to the court the clerk had told me that my name was not showing up on the courts computer files. I am currently trying to get my license reinstated now, and was wondering if I have to go through the DUI program to reinstate it? And if the court case is done or will it appear later?

Asked on October 25, 2013 under Criminal Law, California


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You had shown up to court but there was nothing on the citation that the court could see. If this is the case, then I would say either it was something that was lost and may be barred by the statute of limitations now. Go to the court and see if you can search for your name. If nothing, you might simply be able to have the matter considered barred but you will need a lawyer to help with you this so you can get your license back.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.