Request For Dismissal received from Court.. What Next?

I have received a settlement offer to my complaint, and the money is in my bank account.


After filing and receiving a Conformed Copy of ‘Request For Dismissal’ from California Superior Court, Los Angeles County….

Is there anything else that I need to do to finalize my case with the court, and/or parties involved?

Asked on April 5, 2017 under Estate Planning, California


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

You have done everything you need to do to "finalize" your settlement.
Receiving the settlement check, signing a release (I assume the other party had you do that in order to receive the settlement check), and filing the dismissal with the court completes the process.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.