Payments to the Trustee’s in a Chapter 13

The Trustee’s miscalculated my garnishment and where not taking out enoght money, now that I am down to the last 18 months they want to almost triple my payments. I can’t afford to do that and keep my house. What can I do?

Asked on June 1, 2009 under Bankruptcy Law, Ohio


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Have a bankruptcy lawyer review and possibly make a motion to the court to extend your payment schedule. Try to at least consult with a lawyer.  Check his or her record at the Ohio State Bar.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.