If my son was arrested for possess schedule ii amphetamine/methamphetamine can you tell me what kind of time he could be looking at?

I’m not sure if I should get him out on bond. A detective is willing to talk to him; the detective said that he cannot give me info because my son is an adult. He told me to have him call once he gets out. My son says this detective said if he cooperates he can make these charges go away? Is that possible?

Asked on July 1, 2014 under Criminal Law, Colorado


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that your son consult with a criminal defense attorney in his locality. One can be found on attorneypages.com. I would not trust the detective. Your son, if convicted could end up servibg in excess of six months in jail. You too should consult with a criminal defense attorney in your locality about your son's situation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.