What can I do if my ex took nude photos of me without my knowledge and texted them to my father?

Asked on July 11, 2015 under Personal Injury, Arizona


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You may have a claim for intentional infliction of emotional distress.  It is a high bar in Arizona, but that conduct is so outrageous that it just may make it over the bar, especially if you have had to seek the help of a therapist to deal with the emotional trauma.  If you have, seek the help of a personal injury attorney.  Also, an attorney should send your ex a cease-and-desist letter immediately.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.