What to do if my employer sent me certificate of creditable coverage end with the end date different than my insurer?

My son was injured and had surgery on Sept 13. The certificate mailed to me by my employer is what I sent to the new insurance plan, which made his new coverage start Oct.1. Could my previous employer be made to pay these bills due to their mistake that the HR department.

Asked on October 9, 2013 under Insurance Law, Alabama


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Based upon what you have written about there clearly is an issue concerning the health insurance for your son via work. I suggest that you consult durther with your company's human resources department to resolve the matter and if not resolved to your satisfaction then you need to consult with an attorney practicing in the area of insurance law. To find one in your locality, look on attorneypages.com.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.