What to do if my daughter had an unplanned pregnancy with her now ex-boyfriend/

He never contributed to any of the medical bills that occurred prior to the child’s birth, as well as the child’s delivery leaving the entire cost to my daughter. In Minnesota is the father responsible for his respectful half of the child’s bills during the term of the pregnancy as well as the cost of the delivery itself. She lives in Minnesota if that makes a difference.

Asked on December 27, 2012 under Family Law, Minnesota


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If your daughter had an unplanned pregnancy she should contact a family law attorney as to what her legal recourse is as to reimbursement of medical bills as well as child support. She will need to be cognizant of child custody and visitation issues.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.