Legally, what steps should my daughter be taking if she was recently a passenger in a motorcycle accident and suffered extensive injuries?

Her injuries are not life-threatening but extensive. She has been hospitalized for over 1 week already and it appears she will be for at least another week. She has no financial cushion and the lost wages which will cause her severe distress.

Asked on October 3, 2014 under Personal Injury, Arizona


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Your daughter should hire a personal injury attorney to get the maximum recovery for her injuries.  Personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, so she will not have to pay anything until the attorney recovers for her.  The insurance company will pay significantly more for things like lost wages and pain and suffering if the accident victim has an attorney.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.