Is there a way to combat a public intoxication charge, like it amended to something less or thrown out completely?

Unfortunately I was intoxicated. I was just wondering what, if any defenses use in a case like this?

Asked on June 12, 2014 under Criminal Law, Pennsylvania


Maury Beaulier /

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Yes.  It is certainly possibel to have the charge amended  or to agree to a stay of prosecutioin that ultimately results in a dismissal.  Howwever, negotiating such an oiutcome would often require the retention of experienced counsel. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.