If I got convicted for burglary Class C felony, is there any chance it could be lowered to a misdemeanor afterwards due to me doing perfect on probation?

The burglary was a Class C felony, the lowest.

Asked on September 2, 2012 under Criminal Law, Alabama


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Once you are convicted of a particular crime under the laws of all states in this country you cannot get the conviction reduced to a lesser included offense. Rather, the time to make your decision as to proceeding to trial or settling is before you enter a guilty plea to a particular crime charged against you. If you do not have a criminal defense attorney assisting you in the matter you have written about, I suggest that you consult with one sooner rather than later.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.