If I was told by the company that they were done treating me and afterwards I went on my own for needed surgeries. Am I entitled to compensation?

In 2001 I fell Approx. 20′ and went to doctors that recommended a dicogram and further tests and possible surgery. The company refused to allow me the tests and said they were done & to get a lawyer. I had 2 surgeries and after passing a FCE in 2005, was not allowed to go back to work. Is it true that I am only allowed x weeks of ttd payments and the state allows the employer the right to stop necessary medical attention even if it was their doctors that recommended further treatment?

Asked on June 30, 2009 under Personal Injury, Indiana


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

I think you need to get the facts of this case to a lawyer, very quickly.  I'm afraid that you may already have waited too long to do anything about this, but you shouldn't waste time checking, just in case.  One place to find an attorney who can evaluate your rights is our website, http://attorneypages.com

It is true, in many states, that there is a cap on how many weeks you can receive temporary total disability payments.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.