If I would like to enter the US more than 30 days before the starting date in the I-20 to visit my wife who is staying there and have both B1/B2 and F1 visa, is this possible?

Asked on October 16, 2015 under Immigration Law


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

It should be fine if you already have a valid visa with which to enter the US as long as you also provide evidence of your need to travel and be ready to support your statement with documentation at the port of entry, if asked.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.