What will happen if I’m a first time offender charged with marijuana possess with intent to sell, manufacture or deliver?

UPDATED: Feb 13, 2015

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 13, 2015Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What will happen if I’m a first time offender charged with marijuana possess with intent to sell, manufacture or deliver?

It was for Schedule I, marijuana – possess possession marijuana over 20 grams, and narcotic equipment possession and/or use. Is there a possibility of my charges being dropped? I’ve never been arrested. I recently graduated college and I’m currently in grad school. I also have a child on the way.

Asked on February 13, 2015 under Criminal Law, Florida


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You really need to consult directly with a criminal law attorney as to these charges; they are quite serious and can carry severe consequences. An experienced defense lawyer can get the charges dropped on a technicality (or at least one of them) or get them reduced. If it comes down to it, they may be able to win an acquittal at trial. The fact is that being a first-time offender will help somewhat but bottom line, you need legal counsel at this point. They can best advise you as how to proceed with your case. If you qualify, you may be eligible for the appointment of a public defender.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption