If I was injured at work 2.5 months ago and may never be able to perform my job again, what happens if that is the case?

Asked on December 14, 2011 under Employment Labor Law, North Carolina


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If you were injured two and a half months ago, you should already be on some sort of short or long term disability or workers compensation. Further, your employer is usually only required to keep your job open for you for three months so if you are having a tough time recovering, seek an attorney to help you with your long term or permnanent disability claim so that you can be covered. You can always seek further information from workers compensation but keep in mind it does not represent you. Only an attorney experienced in this field of law who represents you will look out for your best interests.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.