I was charged with a DUI about a year ago and was woundering ifI could take it back to court to fight it and get it dropped?

I was following a friend as well we were pulled over after we had already got to their house. My friend fought it and got the DUI dropped. We still have all the evidence including the police car’s video.

Asked on November 2, 2011 under Criminal Law, Colorado


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

If you were charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance a year or so ago and have not been convicted or plead out to any charge resulting from your arrest, you can continue to contest the charge against you.

However, if you have already plead out to the charge against you that you write about or were convicted, then the time has long passed as to what you want to do about fighting it. It is now too late to do anything about it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.