If I plan to marry and moveout of state towhere my fiance is stationed, how hard will it be to get a court to allow mepermission totake my daughter?

Asked on March 11, 2012 under Family Law, Nebraska


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

It would be the best case scenario to have her Father consent.  But if that is not the case, then the court will decide the matter on the facts specific to your case. If you are the custodial parent and you are willing to re think the visitation agreement to say give her father extended periods over vacations, etc., in other words: come up with a plan then the court may be more amenable.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.