If I own 100% of 2 S-corp and want to merge one of them into the other, what is required to make this happen?

I may want to change the name of the combined companies in order to keep name recognition of both companies.

Asked on September 25, 2013 under Business Law, Minnesota


Nathan Wagner / Law Office of Nathan Wagner

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

These corporations can be merged. You will have to file several forms with your secretary of state. You will probably also have to write new articles of incorporation and bylaws for the merged corporation. A lawyer you practices small business law can help you accomplish this.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.