I have a dui in Az. on my Az. license. I live in Al. Can I renew my Al. license even though my Az. is suspended?

Asked on July 5, 2009 under Criminal Law, Alabama


N. K., Member, Iowa and Illinois Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Many states have reciprocal agreements, whereby one state notifies another state of a DUI. For example, Arizona may notify Alabama of your DUI and license suspension. Alabama may refuse to renew your license due to this information.

However, you can try to renew and see what happens. You may not have a problem.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.