What to do if I’m being evicted from the home I lived in with my late life partner of 20 years?

His brother has been declared administrator of his estate. I am on disability and cannot support myself. My partner took care of me in every way but died suddenly without a Will. What rights do I have?

Asked on February 19, 2013 under Estate Planning, Arizona


Victor Waid / Law Office of Victor Waid

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You may not have any rights; but if you two had a contract between the two of you, allowing for the disposition of estate assets to you, then you would have rights. You also may have the right to file a petition into the probate to be declared his spouse or life partner and prevail with that proceeding. Does not look good for you. Please seek the advice of probate litigation counsel.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.