How do I get a court order for a paternity test

I need my unwillingly father to take a DNA to prove my paternity to enable me get a British passport.
I would like to know if I can obtsin a court order to make him undertake the DNA, and if so, how i can do that.


Asked on April 21, 2016 under Immigration Law, Alaska


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

How is this a US immigration question?  This is dealing with US based immigration.  If you are trying to get a British passport, this is not a matter of US immigration.  I would suggest that you contact an attorney who handles those types of matters to consult.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.