How can I serve order to appear papers to some one where I don’t know where they are?

I filed for emergency custody of my children. I was awarded the temporary order.
Now I have to serve my soon to be ex but I don’t know where he is. There was a
missing person report filed on the 27th but he was found at a house the same day.
Since then I have not heard from him and he is no longer at that house. I have a
court date set for the 14th and he has to take a drug test before then.

Asked on June 2, 2017 under Family Law, Arizona


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

It would be advisable to have a process server do a skip trace to locate and serve your soon-to-be-ex.
You can find process servers in the Yellow Pages or online under attorney services.  The skip trace is an effective method for locating a missing person.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.