How can i decrease my criminal traffic ticket to a civil traffic ticket?

Asked on February 4, 2013 under Criminal Law, Arizona


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Such matters usually do not have a prosecutor unless you obtain one yourself.  This way, when you have an attorney, you can go through plea bargaining with the prosecution prior to hearing and request the judge grant the reduction in charges. It may involve fines and community service and if successful, you can avoid jail time or revocation of license or both.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.