Hey I got a disorderly a couple of weeks ago and they aressted and booked me with my last name mispelled it is wrong on police report too can i stand a chance of getting it thrown out?

Plead not guilty

Asked on September 7, 2017 under Criminal Law, Ohio


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

I'm afraid not. A simple clerical mistake such as this would no be enough to have your case dismissed. The court will simply make the change to correct the spelling of your name. If you want to effectively deal with this siutaion, then you should consult with directly with a local criminal law attorney. Perhaps they can get the case thrown out on other grounds.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.