Can I sue my boss for pain and suffering over and beyond workers comp?

Asked on September 11, 2014 under Personal Injury, Florida


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Unfortunately no, you can not. Under Florida Workers Compensation law surgery, wage loss and disability are covered but pain and suffering are not. Workers Compensation Law was developed to shield employers from such suits in exchange for their covering injury to their employees for "everyday accidents" in the course of their employment. Speak with a PI attorney if the accident involved another potential defendant such as a machine manufacturer or another car. Good luck.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.