Can I do anything to make the executor of a Will work faster to close the estate?

Asked on January 23, 2013 under Estate Planning, North Carolina


Victor Waid / Law Office of Victor Waid

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

A petition to compel distribution could be filed with a hearing set; however, your declaration setting forth the facts must be very clear supporting your request. The executor is entitled to file a opposition to the petition. Be careful, as you could be liable for attorney fees and costs if you lose.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.