american tax relief defrated me what can i do to ger my money back

I paid America tax relief 3,800 hundred dollars to help me with my tax problem , they inded up doing nothing for me i requested my money back and got called all the names in the book and they hang the phone on me . I look up at the company and they have defroted lost of people these people need to be stop what can i do?

Asked on June 12, 2009 under Criminal Law, California


J.M.A., Member in Good Standing of the Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

It appears that you entered into an agreement to have a company help you with a tax problem.  Unfortunately companies like this do not guarantee success, and do not refund payment as they spend time doing the work for whcih they want to get paid.  I hate to say it, but there may not be anything you can do here.  You could have hired a CPA (certified public accountant) to handle the tax issue or another company.  If the company guaranteed success then you may have a cause of action, however, i would need to see the contract you signed to be sure.  Absent fraud, you do not have a cause of action and i would chalk this up as a learning experience on research professionals before hiring them.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.