What to do next?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do next?

I I gave a deed to a property to a
friend of mine who promised to make the
payments every month for seven and a
half years for 33 Grand he quit making
payments after 2 years and I haven’t
heard from him I haven’t been able to
call him he changed his number and I
need to know what I’ve been next steps
to take

Asked on February 22, 2018 under Real Estate Law, Ohio


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You sue him: that is how you get money from someone who agreed to pay you for something but has failed to do. You sue for "breach of contract" for the money he had agreed to pay but has not. A court can order him to pay; if he does not then, it may be possible to put a lien on real estate, garnish wages, execute or levy upon (take money out of) a bank account, or possibly even have valuable personal property (like a vehicle) seized and sold for your benefit. But it starts with suing and getting a court judgmet in your favor. For the amount of money at stake, hire an attorney and let the lawyer sue for you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption