We are being taken to court by renters.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

We are being taken to court by renters.

Our grandson has kicked and knocked holes in all the walls in the apartment. We are bot in seventies and think since this is a great burden we wish to sell. We gave him weeks notice. He is appealing. Does not pay rent only HOA fees. He states he has no where to go and does not look. Do we need a lawyer? If not, what do we need? there is a lease which ran in in April since we have been asking him to move since then.

Asked on January 18, 2018 under Real Estate Law, South Carolina


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Dealing with eviction is a very tricky process and I think it may be best to hire an attorney to help you.  If he is violent and ou fear him you may want to take out an order of protection which will have him removed temporarily while you go through the formal eviction process to have him removed.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption