What to do if my 13 year old was riding his dirt bike down the street from or house and hit a car parked in the right of way?

Get Legal Help Today

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my 13 year old was riding his dirt bike down the street from or house and hit a car parked in the right of way?

He broke a leg and had to have surgery. I assumed all responsibility for vehicle damages and expressed that to the lady, verbally and via text message, my insurance company will not cover this. The lady brought me an estimate for $4000. I think it’s way too much for the visual damages on that vehicle. Can I take the vehicle to a different shop, or am I stuck with this bill? Would it be better to have her go through her insurance and then I settle with the insurance company?

Asked on October 3, 2013 under Accident Law, North Carolina


Tricia Dwyer / Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Hello. You should turn to an attorney licensed in your state for guidance. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will speak initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in a limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.



Tricia Dwyer, Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

365 Days of the Year until 8 p.m. daily

[email protected]


Minnesota Law Firm





IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption