What happens if involved in an accident when pregnant in a no-fault state?

UPDATED: Mar 1, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 1, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What happens if involved in an accident when pregnant in a no-fault state?

I currently was recently involved in a car accident and just heard that it is mine is a no-fault state, meaning my insurance has to pay medical bills. What about if I am pregnant? Does the other person’s insurance cover anything if something were to happen to the baby or pain and suffering?

Asked on March 1, 2012 under Personal Injury, Pennsylvania


Joyce Sweinberg / Joyce J. Sweinberg Associates PC

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Your auto carrier will cover your medical expenses up to the limits of the medical payments portion your policy. If you have private insurance, that will then kick in to pay excess bills. If anything happens to your baby, that is a completely different dimension, which involves the category of damages known as noneconomic damages, which includes pain and suffering. Hopefully, everything will be fine and your question will fade into the backround!  If you want to ask any further questions, do not hesitate to ask me.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption