Portuguese Court has framed me into a “false declaration”

UPDATED: Jan 25, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 25, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Portuguese Court has framed me into a “false declaration”

I have been framed by the local court where I was obliged to testify against someone, now I am being accused of “False Declarations” because I didn’t give them what they wanted to hear. The accused is now in prison, but I still have a case against me. I feel my rights are not being respected and want to know if there is any society who can help me in this. I am English and live in Portugal, I am being falsely accused and have no money for a lawyer. Eventually the country and taxpayers will be paying for all of this trouble Portuguese is my second language.

Asked on January 25, 2012 under Criminal Law, Alaska


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

From what I gather from your question is that you have been charged with at least one count of perjury which is the intentional making of a false statement under oath. In most countries the charge is a felony.

If you have been charged with the crime of perjury and cannot afford an attorney, I suggest that you contact the public defender's office in the locality where the criminal matter is pending against you to see if you qualify for a public defender or a court appointed attorney to represent you in the matter you are writing about.

You might also contact your country's consulate in Portugal to assist you as well.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption