If my wife’s ex-husband has been signing her up for junk email to harass us, what can we do?

UPDATED: Mar 28, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 28, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my wife’s ex-husband has been signing her up for junk email to harass us, what can we do?

When my wife was married to her former husband, she saw him do this before to mess with people. Now he is doing it to us. Is it illegal and how do I prove he’s doing it?

Asked on March 28, 2012 under Personal Injury, Michigan


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Proving that your wife's former husband is improperly signing her up for junk mail is a difficult thing to do. To do so, you need to write the companies that you are sending you the information that you do not want and ask for the documentation that caused the material to be sent to you. Possibly you might be able to show similar handwriting of the former husband.

Once done, you might consider hiring a personal injury attorney to seek an injunction against the former husband from doing what he may be doing.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption