What are my husband’s rights if he was involved in an accident last year with a drunk driver?

UPDATED: Mar 24, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 24, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my husband’s rights if he was involved in an accident last year with a drunk driver?

He was driving home at 3:30 in the morning and it was still dark out. On the freeway a drunk driver hit another car and they stopped in the middle lanes with no lights on because of the accident. My husband was the first vehicle to approach the accident. He slammed on his brakes once he saw the cars with his headlights but his car slid and hydroplaned on the fluids and he hit the one of the cars. The drunk driver died at the scene and the other driver was transported to the hospital. The insurance company of the deceased is pretty much blaming everyone but their driver for the accident. The other insurance company is only taking 20% of the liability.

Asked on March 24, 2014 under Personal Injury, California


Christopher Earley / Law Office of Christopher Earley

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Interesting legal question.  More facts would need to be known to accurately answer your question.


Chris Earley

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption