Does my son need a lawyer if he is 18 year old and engaged in a fight with 2 students so was cited for disorderly conduct?

UPDATED: Nov 18, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Nov 18, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Does my son need a lawyer if he is 18 year old and engaged in a fight with 2 students so was cited for disorderly conduct?

He was given a ticket by the high school campus police for disorderly conduct-affraying. He has a court date coming up.

Asked on November 18, 2012 under Criminal Law, Texas


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Disorderly conduct is a very low-level offense, with typically a fine or probation as a punishment. Even so, it woudl be good idea for your son to have an attorney. An attorney will maximize the chance of having the charge dismissed entirely (so no criminal record), as well as help make sure that if it isn't, your son gets the least punishment possible. It's a good idea to get a lawyer but make the son pay for it himself to teach him a lesso.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption