Legal Help for a Variance or Rezoning Change

Get Legal Help Today

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Jeffrey Johnson is a legal writer with a focus on personal injury. He has worked on personal injury and sovereign immunity litigation in addition to experience in family, estate, and criminal law. He earned a J.D. from the University of Baltimore and has worked in legal offices and non-profits in Maryland, Texas, and North Carolina. He has also earned an MFA in screenwriting from Chapman Univer...

Full Bio →

Written by

UPDATED: Jul 16, 2021

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.

If your request for a variance or rezoning change is fairly uncomplicated, on a small scale, and does not negatively affect your neighbors, getting approval may be an easy process without the necessity of hiring legal counsel. For instance, your neighbors already received their variances for similar circumstances, or maybe you are requesting only minor deviations from your local zoning regulations.

Needing Legal Help Through Application Process

If you are requesting a significant change to your property, such as a business office or juice bar in your residential area, or maybe you anticipate your neighbors objecting to any proposed change in use of your land, you will want to hire a local attorney familiar with the zoning ordinance to assist you through the zoning procedures.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption