What to do about continuing problems froman injury after an accident case has been closed?

UPDATED: Sep 14, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 14, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do about continuing problems froman injury after an accident case has been closed?

I was in an accident was in almost 18 months ago. I started to see a doctor for shoulder pain. I was then informed that the person that hit me may not have any insurance so I stopped seeing the doctor because as a college student I knew I couldnt pay for it myself. It turned out he did have direct insurance. The agents called and pressured me to say that I had stopped going to the doctor so they could close the case. I have since gone to a chiropractor and paid for it personally, but I am still in need of medical care. What are my options?

Asked on September 14, 2011 under Personal Injury, Florida


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

How horrible for you. You need to go and speak with a personal injury attorney a soon as you can - like yesterday.  You were obviously taken advantage of by the insurance adjusters here and I am fairly certain that in most states and jurisdictions that kind of behaviour is looked at by the court as unconscionable and that your rights have been compromised.  That could mean that you could in fact be able to continue treatment, etc.  And there are issues of your right to sue for the injuries as well.  Please go and get help.  Bring with you all your documentation as to treatment (or at least the names and addresses of the treating physicians, etc.) and any documents you signed for the insurance company. Good luck to you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption