What to do if I slipped and fell in a store and it now wants me to pay for all medical and send them bills after I am released?

UPDATED: Feb 27, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 27, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I slipped and fell in a store and it now wants me to pay for all medical and send them bills after I am released?

Then they’ll pay me directly. I don’t have the finances to pay for everything. Is there a statue of limitations. What if I have problems down the road. They said because I don’t have medical insurance that’s how they do it. Should I have filled out a injury report?

Asked on February 27, 2014 under Personal Injury, Oregon


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

In order for the store to actually pay your medical bills, they are going to want you to sign a release for them, releasing them from further liability.  You will need to sign this to get them to pay.  Then if you have problems down the road due to the fall, you will not be able to hold the store accountable for that.  You should meet with a personal injury attorney in your area.  Most will do a free initial consultation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption