I pled guilty to a ClassA felony at age 12, is there any way to lower the charge 6 years later?

UPDATED: Feb 9, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 9, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I pled guilty to a ClassA felony at age 12, is there any way to lower the charge 6 years later?

Any help would be much appreciated. I was 12 and had a court appointed attorney who knew little about law; the judges aid even thought my charge would be considerably less than a Class A felony. I completed all treatment and required probation.

Asked on February 9, 2011 under Criminal Law, Washington


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Oh my goodness.  That is unbelievable.  Listen, you need to go and speak with a rel attorney in this matter.  Every state should have in its criminal procedure laws a statute that allows for an attorney to make a motion at any time regarding a matter if there has been some injustice - like ineffective counsel. In New York it is known as a 440 motion.  I am not familiar with what it would be in Washington State.  But you need to find out and you need to do so soon.  Your life is just beginning.  You do not need this hanging over your head.  It will follow you the rest of your life.  Good luck to you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption