What can be done if I know 3 girls who do not want to live with their mother because she is unfit?

UPDATED: Nov 7, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Nov 7, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can be done if I know 3 girls who do not want to live with their mother because she is unfit?

She is commiting fraud, selling drugs and gets benifits from the state only to make money off it. She is also neglecting them by not providing food, clothes or even a bed to sleep on. They don’t really live with her and live with an adult willing to take them in but everytime they get CPS involved nothing seems to happen. I believe their mother has been reported 3 times. Her boyfriend has also touched the girls inappropriately multiple times and nothing has been done about it. my How can they get out of their mother’s custody?

Asked on November 7, 2014 under Criminal Law, Texas


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You are a very courageous person to take this on.  You need to get legal help from the get go and plan a strategy that will culminate with you petitioning the court - and hopefully receiving - custody or to become the girls foster parent. But my concern here is where is the Father?  He would have the next legal right to the children and then quite possible any legal relative. Depending on how old the girls are they may be able to have a say in things. Also, if you are willing to take all three the court may give you more serious consideration since splitting up the girls is not in their best interest.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption