What to do if I have a mechanicwho will not remove his tool box from my shop and I need the room for a new mechanic?

UPDATED: Sep 19, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 19, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I have a mechanicwho will not remove his tool box from my shop and I need the room for a new mechanic?

It has been 2 weeks now. I am ready to push his box outside.

Asked on September 19, 2011 under Employment Labor Law, Washington


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You gave me a chuckle. But I can surely understand the frustration of wanting to move one.  I would not, however, push his tool box outside just yet.  It can be a problem if the situation that you have could be considered a bailment and if something happens to the tools you could be held  responsible for their value.  Who needs that on top of running your business?  Is there any way that you can put them somewhere safe for the time being?  I would put a lock on the box t make sure that no one touches them or anything goes missing.  Then contact him and let him know that you are charging a storage fee.  Maybe that will light a fire underneath him.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption