What are my rights regarding a computer that can’t seem to get fixed?

UPDATED: Feb 4, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 4, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my rights regarding a computer that can’t seem to get fixed?

I bought a $6,000 computer about a year ago. I keep having to send it back to be fixed. I warranty is about to expire and it spends more time in repair then at my house. They don’t seem to give a shit, is there anything I can do legally against this company because they have no idea what is going on. Any help would be appreciated.

Asked on February 4, 2014 under General Practice, Pennsylvania


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You could try suing them, based in either breach of contract (not sellling you what you were paying for--a working computer; and/or not repairing it properly, as per the warranty) or fraud (misrepresenting, or lying about, what you would receive--a working computer--or about their ability to fix it/honor the warranty). A lawsuit is effectively your only option, if they will not voluntarily make you whole, such as by exchanging this machine for a working one.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption